For the Outdoors Enthusiast’s Vacation
- Cass Park Ice Skating – Covered outdoor skating rink on Route 89 as you go into Ithaca. Includes indoor lockers, bathrooms, and food.
- Looking for hassle? At the top of Rice Hill (part of Taughannock State Park), there are two skating ponds. Then sled on down the hill! It used to be for skiing until the tow broke and was never replaced.
- Interested in skiing? Go cross-country skiing at Hammond Hill. Look to Ithaca Trails for useful information
- What should you go when it gets dark? Dan Smalls Presents (DSP) is a local concert organizer that hosts great music in the Ithaca community. Check out his website for dates and times.
- Want to see the waterfalls but don’t feel up to hiking? Buttermilk Falls, Lick Brook, Ithaca Falls, Taughannock Falls, and Finger Lakes Trail all provide beautiful views of those falls.
- Rose’s Secret Falls – “Frontenac Falls” is the home of the Boy Scout summer camp but during the cold season, it is only enjoyed by the people that live near it. And of course, I found it! For interesting history and details on how to get there visit: http://nyfalls.com/waterfalls/frontenac-falls/
Prefer the indoor experience? Check out our blog for our rejuvenation retreat experience.