Each year, downtown Ithaca merchants come together to offer four days of great deals during the Summer Sidewalk Sale. The 2013 event happens at the Ithaca Commons at the heart of town (bordered by East Seneca Street, south Cayuga Street, East Green Street, and South Aurora Street) on Thursday, August 1 through Sunday, August 4 during regular business hours. Just 11.5 miles from Gothic Eves, this is a perfect chance to see and explore the downtown area and find great treasures during your bed and breakfast getaway!
There is something for absolutely everyone during Sidewalk Sale Days. So far, a wide variety of establishments plan to participate, offering everything from services, to food to wares, including:
- 15 Steps – boutique and gift shop featuring jewelery, Skagen watches, American crafts, local chocolates, and more.
- Alphabet Soup – toy store for the kids and nostalgia for adults.
- Angry Mom Records – old-school vinyl with a great selection.
- Autumn Leaves Used Books – besides the obvious great selection of used books, enjoy fair trade organic coffee, teas, and apple cider (in season) in their cafe.
- Benjamin Peters – men’s dress clothing and suits.
- Blue Bird Antiques – furniture, textiles, and smalls… and the requisite store kitty!
- Bool’s Flower Shop – flowers and gifts.
- Cat’s Pajamas – children’s clothing and toys.
- Comics for Collectors – comics and graphic novels.
- The Edge – sports bar and pub grill.
- Evolution – clothing boutique carrying apparel, accessories, shoes, jewelry, and collectibles for men and women.
- Handwork – fine art and crafts by local artisans.
- Homegrown – skateboarding shop with boards, apparel, and shoes.
- House of Shalimar – import boutique with clothing, jewelry, home accessories, and gifts.
- Ithacards – stationery, cards, and gifts.
- Jabberwock – local art, drums and instruments, clothing, gifts, and crafts.
- Jillian’s Drawers – especially for new parents and babies – natural and safe items from clothing, carriers, cloth diaper items, strollers, shoes, beds, and baby accessories.
- Loose Threads – fun clothing for the ladies, including a vintage and thrift area.
- Lynda Myers Designs – interior design at its best.
- Morris’ Men’s and Ladies’ Wear – 3rd generation family-owned clothing store, trending towards the formal side of dress.
- Now You’re Cooking – kitchen and cooking store.
- The Outdoor Store – for the outdoor enthusiast in us all.
- Petrune – classic women’s clothing.
So come to the Finger Lakes Region at the start of August, take advantage of great buys at some unique area stores, and enjoy a peaceful bed and breakfast stay here in Trumansburg!