Music lovers, celebrate! There are some great performers coming to nearby Ithaca, NY during the months of November and December. Just 12 miles from your Upstate New York inn choice, Ithaca is perfect for a quick evening outing during your bed and breakfast getaway at Gothic Eves. Pick your favorite performer, enjoy an evening of music, and return to a cozy bed, and ambiance that you’ll only find here in Trumansburg!
November, 2012 Shows:
- 11/15 – Turkuaz with Spiritual Rez at The Haunt in Ithaca: Turkuaz is a band based in funk with a smattering of soul and new wave thrown in for both confusion and good measure, resulting in a lively time for the ears. Spiritual Rez brings in their own upbeat sound to the stage with a funk-dance sound. You’ll be dancing all night!
- 11/16 – John Hiatt and the Combo at the State Theatre of Ithaca: The influential and incomparable John Hiatt graces the stage to treat you to samples of his amazing work, both old and new. If the name doesn’t ring a bell, know that you’ve heard his music: if not out of his own mouth, then from the mouths of others. Bonnie Raitt’s hit “Thing Called Love?” That’s a Hiatt song. “Have a Little Faith in Me” is a Hiatt original (later remade by Joe Cocker). The Jeff Healy Band’s “Angel Eyes” also came from the brain of this amazing singer/songwriter. “Riding with the King” originally came from Hiatt’s mouth before Clapton made it popular. And I could go on. But why not hear these greats from the man himself as he teams up with The Combo here in Upstate NY?
- 11/16 – Mellowhype and Trash Talk at The Haunt: A night of hip hop and punk from two talented young bands.
- 11/27 – Afrika Bambaataa at The Haunt: This American DJ and rapper who promotes social and political consciousness. His Zulu Nation influence on the hip-hop scene has evolved into an electro-funk sound. You may have heard him with Soulsonic Force on “Renegades of Funk”… or you may have heard Rage Against the Machine’s version of the very same song. Bambaataa was instrumental in the anti-apartheid album Sun City, and has worked with such names as Little Steven Van Zandt, Joey Ramone, Lou Reed, U2, Boy George, UB40 and so many others.
- 11/29 – Supersuckers at The Haunt: This grunge-party rockabilly punk band performs their in-your-face sounds for one night only in Ithaca.
- 11/30 – Marco Benevento at The Haunt: This pianist/keyboardist and his cohorts will treat you to some new sounds, and may just surprise you with their improvisational performance which will evolve as the evening and the crowd dictates!
December, 2012 Shows:
- 12/1 – Dopapod at The Haunt: What is Dopapod? Think 70’s-era progressive rock with a good dose of electronica and funk, resulting in an almost polished-experimental sound and an auditory experience you won’t soon forget!
- 12/4 – OS Mutants at The Haunt: This psychedelic rock band hails from Brazil, and has been in existence since the 1960s with a steady stream of members to help the sound expand and evolve over the years and through a never-ending musical style.
- 12/6 – Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds at The Haunt: One woman backed by a tribe of 8 men can produce some incredible musical creations. With roots in soul and the blues, the expert talents of each member come together to explode in a powerhouse of music.
- 12/7 – Ryan Montbleau Band with Jesse Dee at The Haunt: Ryan Montbleau’s acoustic guitar styling fronts a true American band steeped in folk, blues, and a bit of funk.
- 12/12 – Reverend Horton Heat at The Haunt: Twangy guitar, upright base, driving drums, and a good dose of humor create Rockabilly-with-a-dose-of-thrash that some call “psychobilly”. No matter what, you are always guaranteed a good time and a few laughs when the Reverend comes to town!
- 12/13 – Ra Ra Riot at The Haunt: Hailing from nearby Syracuse, Ra Ra Riot blends Rock with indie and classic roots.
- 12/14 – Richard Buckner at The Haunt: Alternative country music played straight from the soul. Richard Buckner has had a challenging time of putting out new material. But now that it’s here, you won’t be able to get enough!
- 12/31 – Jimkata at The Haunt: Want to dance? Want to jam? Do both with Jimkata’s synth-rock offerings!
From blues to hip-hop, rock to soul, you’ll find the perfect end-of-2012 show in nearby Ithaca for any musical taste. The Inn at Gothic Eves offers a welcoming and comfortable stay during your New York concert getaway, so reserve your room today!
Innkeeper Rose Hilbert