The New Inn Etiquette: Things have changed and so must we!
A lot of thought has gone into how to take care of my guests in the last 25 years. You can expect to get the same concern now. Reducing the contact with each other is my first priority. I have been watching and learning from our essential workers. The following measures are being enforced to keep you, the staff and myself safe while you get to enjoy the Inn and our beautiful Finger Lakes Region. I have found the hiking trails and waterfalls to give me a peaceful backdrop to these last 2 months. Our Spa will remain closed till further notice.
- July 2nd Update: We are very concerned about all our past guests who are presently living in states that are experiencing a resurgence of cases. We love all of our past guests no matter what state you are from! But we are no longer allowed to accept guests that are from states that have exceeded the infection rate set by New York State without the guest quarantining for two weeks prior to arrival. Please check the NYS government website for information on the Restricted States or call us to check. As of July 2nd, these are the states who are restricted and must quarantine first: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. We are unable to provide a quarantining space without a kitchen. Additionally, any New Yorkers who travel to restricted states and return must quarantine for 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- July 2nd Update: Rose is now able to accommodate special diet needs for breakfast! It has been fun for her to flex her creative cooking muscles. Please make a note when you make a reservation about any dietary restrictions we should be aware of.
- Reservations will be accepted between Thursday- Sunday, checking out on Monday. Call if you have an existing reservation and would like to move it to a weekend date.
- Minimum stays of 3 nights will be required July-October.
- Monday-Wednesday we will be closed to ensure our staff has the time to clean all linens from top to bottom, sanitizing all surfaces and restocking all of our supplies safely. We are leaving each room for at least a day after guests leave and we have implemented an effective process where we disinfect twice. Once by removing all linens and sanitizing with a disinfectant approved by the CDC against the virus and a second time as we leave the clean room to remove traces of our presence from when we were sanitizing. The common areas of the inn are disinfected three times a day.
- If you have been exposed, tested positive or are having symptoms before leaving home, please call the Inn and don’t come. I will hold your reservation for another time when you are cleared.
- I will be greeting you at the car and check-in will be outside. Your key will be in your room. Call 607-387-6033 to alert us that you have arrived.
- You must also answer 3 questions at check-in about your health and paying balance is the confirmation that you successfully answered the questions.. Please be honest when we ask if you have tested positive for COVID-19, displayed symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has been exposed. I am setting these protocols to keep you safe, to provide a log for the Health Dept. and the community that you will be visiting.
- There will be no breakfast served but dining room pick-up. Savory breakfasts like breakfast sandwiches will be individually packaged for you to enjoy and some homemade cookies as well.
- There will be no housekeeping service during your stay to keep your room as safe as it was when you arrived.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property. All others will require the consent of the Innkeeper prior to arriving.
- There will only be one couple in each suite each weekend. So after check out, the room will be kept empty till the following weekend.
- All towels, sheets, blankets, pillow and mattress protectors and spreads will be completely cleaned and ready for the following weekend.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed around the common areas of the house.
I am finding the more I accept, the quicker I recover. Please accept these restrictions as my way of keeping you safe so you can go on enjoying the things you enjoyed before this virus came to visit.
Your Innkeeper, Rose Hilber