Upstate New York is a great place to spend an early winter. With our picturesque natural surroundings, charming towns, and hometown holiday feel that you just can’t get in any city, the Finger Lakes is a perfect area to bring your Holiday Spirit to light, and find your way back to a more relaxed and enjoyable season. With two notable events in 2013, the Tru-Ullysses Winter Fest on Friday December 7-8, and the Downtown Ithaca Winter Festival from November 30 through December 14, you can enjoy all the Holiday fun and frolic when you stay at The Inn at Gothic Eves.
Here in Trumansburg, Main Street will be transformed into a small-town winter street fair on Friday December 6 during the Tru-Ullysses Winter Fest.
- Local entertainment awaits in the form of a juggler, magician, and street performers.
- Local businesses will offer food and arts-and-crafts vendors for your gift-giving needs.
- The evening’s highlights include our traditional tree-lighting and arrival of Santa Claus, all before a fireworks display lights the sky at 9pm at the Fairgrounds to close the Opening Night.
Saturday December 7 continues with:
- store open houses,
- refreshments at many area businesses,
- music, and
- a model train display. Our official brochure outlines all the weekend’s activities.
November 30-December 8
- Restaurant Week – area eateries will offer tastings, classes, specials, and fixed-price menus.
- Gallery Night on the 6th offers fun events and giveaways at the downtown galleries.
- Bools’ Flower Shop offers their Holiday Open House.
- Help out Habitat for Humanity by indulging in some delicious treats at their Cookie Sale in Center Ithaca.
- Santa Arrives at noon in an unexpected way, accompanied by games, music, and dancing in Center Ithaca.
- Marvel at the skill of a dozen chainsaw, hammer, and chisel-wielding artists as they turn ice into works of art at the Ice Wars Ice Carving Competition at Ithaca Commons.
- The Fourth Annual Downtown Ithaca Chowder Cook-off at Ithaca Commons: there isn’t much that does a better job of warming you than a steaming bowl of chowder. 20 restaurants will compete for the title! Your $10 ticket includes tastings of a wide variety of chowders.
- Fine and crafted arts are perfect answers to your holiday gift list; come to the Holiday Artists Market at the Holiday Inn.
The Inn at Gothic Eves is the perfect place to come for a cozy Finger Lakes Retreat this December, and with all the nearby activities nearby, you certainly won’t be bored. So plan your Upstate New York getaway today!