There are so many fun things to do this winter, and we can’t wait to share a few of them with you. The Finger Lakes region, located in upstate New York, is the perfect destination to travel to if you’re looking to have a little bit of fun in the snow. There are a variety of fun things to do here. The Finger Lakes Region has a variety of cross country skiing trails to enjoy, restaurants and wineries to try, and plenty of nooks and crannies to explore on snowshoes. And that’s just the start of winter in the Finger Lakes!
The Finger Lakes area is an exceptional destination no matter the season. Add to your winter adventures a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast and you have the perfect Finger Lakes getaway. When it’s time to come inside after a day of playing in the snow, bring the pampering indoors at our Finger Lakes bed and breakfast. We offer guests a spa for those indulgent days when you just need to be pampered! Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Things to do This Winter in the Finger Lakes
If you’ve only ever visited the Finger Lakes during the peak travel seasons of summer and fall, you’re missing out on an exceptionally special season this winter. The Finger Lakes region is actually an extraordinary 4-season destination, and perfect for anyone who loves to play in the snow.
Get in on the fun this year, and enjoy 1 or more of these 10 fun things to do in the winter here at the Inn at Gothic Eves in the Finger Lakes!
- Top on our list of great things to do this winter in the Finger Lakes is visiting the region’s wineries. The Finger Lakes Wine Region is considered to be one of the best in the nation. Winter is actually a surprisingly great time to visit these award-winning wineries, as we enjoy a much slower, more relaxed pace to the season.
- The area is also home to some great distilleries, breweries, and cideries worth trying! Nearby, you’ll find Finger Lakes Distilling, Seneca Lake Brewing Company, The Grist Iron Brewing Company, Aurora Brewing Company, Ithaca Beer Company, and Hopshire Farm and Brewery, among others.
- Have you ever tried ice fishing? This winter is your opportunity! There’s plenty of ice fishing in the Finger Lakes region, especially when it gets really cold outside. The north end of Cayuga Lake is a good place to try for northern pike, pickerel and panfish.
- Take advantage of our lake effect snow, and get in some of the best downhill skiing this winter for at least one day during your getaway. There are two excellent ski resorts in the area, but Greek Peak Mountain Resort is the closest at a mere 45 minutes away. The mountain boasts six ski lifts, 38 trails for all abilities, three terrain parks, a tubing center, and cross-country ski trails.
- For a slightly different adventure in the snow, strap on some cross country skis or snowshoes and explore our many state parks and trails this winter. The crisp air, picturesque snowscapes, and serene silence are pure magic. Two nearby popular areas include the Finger Lakes National Forest and Cayuga Nature Center.
- Enjoy the It’s a Wonderful Life Celebration in Seneca Falls, which was said to be the inspiration for the classic film. Visitors can enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides, special screenings of the film, holiday-themed competitions, and charity events that benefit local groups! 2019’s celebration will take place on December 13th – 15th.
- Another great event to visit is the Wakins Glen Village Christmas on December 13, 2019. It’s been running for over 25 years and features a Dr. Seuss parade, fireworks, and arts and crafts.
- Check out the frozen gorge at Taughannock Falls State Park, which is open year-round. There is significantly less foot traffic on the trails in the winter, but it’s still an exceptionally beautiful place worth putting on your list. The ice and waterfall combined are truly breathtaking!
- If you’re looking for a little old-fashioned winter fun, head to Rice Hill. The area is known for its sledding hill, two ice skating ponds, and a warming hut with wood stove. There are several multi-use trails that are popular for snowshoeing, hiking and cross-country skiing as well.
- Winter is a time to recoup and revitalize. What’s a better way to relax than to enjoy a pampering service or two at our on-site spa?
The Best Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast
Whether you’ve come for the wine, cross country skiing, or any of the other great things to do this winter in the Finger Lakes, you’ll see in an instant why the cozy guest suites and romantic ambiance at our Bed and Breakfast make for the perfect weekend getaway.
This winter, take advantage of our I’m feelin’ ….. HOt, HOt, HOt special. Winter is a wonderful season but there are times that it is difficult to warm ourselves up. To help take the winter chills away, we’re offering 2-night and 3-night specials. If you can’t get away now but want to make sure you do get here, now’s a great time to purchase gift cards! Talk about the perfect Christmas Gift for those special people on your list.
If the beauty of this incredible winter wonderland is enough to make you book your getaway right this second, perhaps the thought of waking up to a fully prepared breakfast at our romantic, luxury Bed and Breakfast will be. It’s one of the many great reasons to choose our Inn over other accommodations in the Finger Lakes. Experience winter in the Finger Lakes for yourself this season. Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast today!