We love traveling to new places, experiencing life as the locals live it, and trying the best restaurants in town. We know our guests love doing the same, and to that end, we try to stay well versed on the best of the Finger Lakes, so we can share these local delights with our guests.
The Inn at Gothic Eves Bed and Breakfast, centrally located between Cayuga and Seneca Lakes in New York’s Finger Lakes Region, offers an incredible diversity of outdoor activities in all four seasons of the year. Spend a few relaxing days with us, and you’ll enjoy some of the simplest, yet most delicious pleasures in life. The Finger Lakes Region, voted as the best wine tasting region in the country, is a great place not only to go wine tasting, but to enjoy delicious meals at our exquisite range of restaurants.
Take great joy in relishing these simpler moments in life this fall and winter, while you relax in luxury at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
10 Delicious Finger Lakes Restaurants to Try
The Finger Lakes region has a lot of things going for it. Beyond its picturesque beauty, the quaint, small-town charm and laid-back character, you’ll find some of the best wine in the country. Whether you enjoy shopping, hiking, biking, kayaking, wine tasting, hot air ballooning, or something else entirely different, there’s no doubt you’ll find something about the Finger Lakes to love. In the evenings, when you’re ready to wind down and relax, there is a tantalizing and surprising selection of delicious restaurants near our Inn.
The Finger Lakes Region has been crafting a solid reputation with wine drinkers for decades. Now, it’s time for the food scene here to shine, too. There are a variety of Finger Lakes restaurants that offer an extensive selection of locally-grown and produced food. Here are 5 of the best Finger Lakes restaurants to try the next time you visit us:
- Recently, FLX Table in Geneva was rated as the country’s best restaurant, as listed by USA Today’s 10best Reader’s Choice Poll. It’s quite an honor, but it’s not the first time this incredible Finger Lakes Restaurant has been featured. This delightful space features one large communal table that seats 12 people. Each night, FLX Table serves a different single five-course menu, designed around seasonal produce and the availability of local produce. Not only that, but FLX Table boasts an incredible wine list, easily making it one of the best restaurants to visit in the Finger Lakes Region.
- Veraisons Restaurant at Glenora Wine Cellars placed 8th in the same poll above, and is also an excellent choice if you’re looking for an upscale and romantic dining experience. They source all of their meats, produce, and cheese from local Finger Lakes farms.
- Within walking distance from the Inn at Gothic Eves is Hazelnut Kitchen. It’s a must for our guests, and it’s also been listed as worth the 5-hour drive from NYC by the New York Times’ food critics. They serve up fresh, local produce with their simple and unique dishes. But don’t let the simplicity of their menu keep you away, as their preparation is magnificent.
- Get a feel for life in the Finger Lakes Region, as you enjoy a delicious meal overlooking beautiful Seneca Lake at Stonecat Cafe. It’s just 20 short minutes from the Inn. They also have regular live music performances that add to the experience.
- Atlas Bowl is also worthy of being put on any list of the best Finger Lakes restaurants, and it, too, is within walking distance from the Inn. Not only do they offer an excellent range of well-executed comfort food, but you can get in a fun game of bowling or crash pins while you’re there!
- Just a Taste in downtown Ithaca is a great place to go for Spanish-inspired Tapas. Their menu changes frequently, but it’s a great place to gather with friends, both old and new, and share a variety of delicious small plates.
- If you’re looking for a great lunch spot while you’re out wine tasting or otherwise exploring the region, try Heights Cafe and H Bar, also in Ithaca.
- Le Cafe Cent Dix, a timeless French bistro, serves up delicious traditional favorites like steak frites and Frisée Aux Lardons.
- If you’re looking for a traditional Italian meal, head to Gola Osteria. The atmosphere inside is reminiscent of the old-world, and features antique Stickley style furniture.
- For casual yet still delicious far, head to Trumansburgs New York Pizzeria. It’s consistently considered the best pizza in the area.
The Best Finger Lakes Lodging
While enjoying great food wine is certainly a wonderful focus throughout your vacation, your Finger Lakes lodging is an important consideration as well. Location matters, and our Inn is conveniently located near both the Cayuga and Seneca Lake Wine Trails, along with some of the best Finger Lakes Restaurants. After a relaxing evening exploring the area, make your way back to the Inn at Gothic Eves for the best night of sleep you’ll have away from home.
Our luxury suites and amenities are carefully curated, with nothing but your comfort in mind. For the ultimate indulgence, treat yourself to a spa treatment at our premium spa. Book your getaway to our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast today.