The Finger Lakes region of New York is a beautiful place to visit any time of year, but exceptionally so during the brightly hued months of fall. In fact, fall is one of the most popular times of year to visit the Finger Lakes region. Not only is the fall foliage in this area some of the country’s best, but it is also harvesting time at the Finger Lakes wineries and farms. There are a number of festivals and fall celebrations all around the Finger Lakes Region, and plenty of extraordinary places to enjoy some leaf-peeping. This fall, spend a few restful days at our luxury Bed and Breakfast, and enjoy the best of fall foliage 2019! Book your room today.
5 of the Best Places to See Fall Foliage 2019
To go leaf-peeping in the Finger Lakes, you don’t really need to go anywhere. Just about everywhere you turn you’ll be rewarded with the vibrant shades of fall. But, if you’re looking for those picture-perfect views, we’ve put together a list of the 5 best places to take in the fall foliage in 2019.
- Take a scenic drive along the lakes and marvel in the contrast between the deep blue waters and the crimson, oranges, and yellows in the surrounding hills. Memorable drives in the area include Route 14a between Seneca and Keuka Lakes, Route 414 from Watkins Glen to 96A towards Geneva, or if you’re up for heading a little further afield, Route 21S from Canandaigua down to Naples.
- With fewer motorboats on the water at this time of year and glorious fall foliage rimming the edges of the lakes, fall is the perfect time to enjoy a serene paddle on the Finger Lakes.
- Hike to the waterfalls of the Finger Lakes region. There are several to choose from, but Watkins Glen State Park and Taughannock Falls State Park are our favorites.
- The drive to Letchworth State Park may take you a little longer than some of the other places listed, but the rewarding views will be more than worth the effort. This stunning park is known as the “Grand Canyon of the East.” Its spectacular scenery includes three major waterfalls, cliffs rising to 600 feet, and lush forests. It’s a true feast for the senses when fall foliage is at its peak, and you can even take a breathtakingly beautiful hot air balloon ride over the area.
- Take a hike in the Finger Lakes National Forest, located between Cayuga and Seneca Lakes. Within the forest, there are 30 miles of interconnecting trails that traverse gorges, ravines, pastures, and woodlands; perfect for those fall views.
More Fall Fun in the Finger Lakes
The grape harvest in the Finger Lakes region typically begins the first week of September and lasts through October, sometimes even into November and December, depending on the weather. It’s a great time to visit the Finger Lakes Wineries, and the Cayuga Wine Trail is the perfect place to start. Fall is also the perfect time to enjoy the sights, sounds, and colors of fall at local orchards and other produce at select farms.
While all of this is wonderful, the best part about fall in the Finger Lakes is the chance to stay at our luxury Bed and Breakfast. Our 8 spacious and luxuriously-appointed suites are the perfect places to curl up in comfort after a long day in the brisk fall air. If you’re in need (or want) of even more pampering, make an appointment at our first-rate spa. Come see why our Inn is the perfect place for a fall getaway. Book your room at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast today.