Do you enjoy pairing food and wine? How about food and music? What if I told you that you can enjoy all three during a single fall event? Reserve your favorite Gothic Eves guest room for early September now, and enjoy Hosmer Winery‘s Some Like It Hot fall extravaganza on September 8, 2012!
Spend the afternoon at a beautiful Ovid, NY winery, located just 20 minutes from my bed and breakfast in downtown Trumansburg. Featuring over 60 acres of vineyard land, Hosmer Winery has been in the wine-making business for over 25 years. Based on the belief that “great wine starts in the vineyard,” the business produces 20,000 gallons of wine each year while focusing on wine-making excellence. Hosmer’s has earned recognition and awards for many of their excellent vintages.
Some Like It Hot is a FREE event featuring:
- Hosmer Wine by the glass or bottle.
- Great food from Tastes of Wine Country Cafe, an Ovid, NY business featuring locally made specialty foods. Enjoy pulled pork, Italian sausage, vegetarian quesadillas, and more!
- Music by Ithaca-based Robin Burnett and “A Band”. Robin’s rich vocals and acoustic backed by three Finger Lakes area performers will entertain you through the afternoon with well-known rock, country, and folk offerings.
- Hand-crafted goods by local artists.
- A spectacular setting overlooking Hosmer Winery vineyards on the shore of Cayuga Lake.
What better way is to spend a NY Saturday in the fall than at an award-winning winery enjoying the sights, sounds, and tastes of Upstate New York? After you return to my Trumansburg inn, enjoy an evening spa treatment or soak in the Snorkel Hot Tub for a perfect post-event evening before retiring to dreams of grapes, distant music, and sunshine on vineyards!
Innkeeper Rose Hilbert
POB 95, 112 E. Main St.
Trumansburg, NY, 14886
1-800-387-7712 | 607-387-6033