A particularly lovely addition to any visit to the Finger Lakes region is a wine tasting along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail. The association includes 27 winery members located in the Seneca Lake American Viticulture Area (AVA), which lies within the Finger Lakes AVA in New York State. These local winemakers along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail are experts at growing cool-climate varietals, producing some absolutely beautiful bottles of wine.
You’ll also need to see for yourself just how scenic these vineyards are along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail—with stunning rolling hills of vines leading down to the lake’s edge. Many of the tasting rooms have spectacular views to pair with flights of wine that you won’t soon forget. In fact, this New York wine region produces more than 600 varieties, from big and bold red blends to crisp and light whites; there’s a pour for every palate.
First, you’ll want to get your lodging accommodations sorted out. Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is the ideal place to stay while exploring the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and the nearby Finger Lakes wineries. One of the best ways to set out on the wine trail is by a local touring company. Book one of our eight suites at Inn at Gothic Eves and begin the wine tasting plans today!
Wine Tasting Along the Seneca Lake Wine Trail
You’ll find more than 25 Seneca Lake wineries that are members of the Seneca Lake Wine Trail—it’s also the largest and most active of the wine trails in New York State. The combination of Seneca Lake’s deep waters and sloping hillsides provide an ideal microclimate for cultivating cool-climate vines. You’ll find unique varietals here and some excellent bottles to bring back to your home cellar.
Here are five wineries not to miss on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail:
- Atwater Estate Vineyards: Take in the stunning views of the lake from the outdoor porch space at this Finger Lakes winery. They offer seated wine tastings by reservation, including dry roses, crisp whites, and delicate reds. Check out the upcoming event singer/songwriter series for live music.
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars: This Finger Lakes winery on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail is committed to sustainable farming practices. Their catalog holds more than 90 varieties of wine, and on a tasting here, you’ll get to try some unique cold-weather varietals, as well as their award-winning Rieslings.
- Penguin Bay Winery: No one takes themselves too seriously on a tour of this winery on Seneca Lake—so head here for a relaxed wine tasting of estate-grown Pinot Grigio, fruity Moscato, and big red blends.
- Three Brothers Vineyard & Winery: In the heart of the Finger Lakes, this winery and estate is home to four different tasting experiences. You’ll find three wineries, a brewery, and a local cafe serving up tasty meals. The “tasting experience” pass is highly recommended for tastings at all four options.
- Fox Run Vineyards: This Finger Lakes winery is family-owned and makes approachable wines. The winemakers focus on eco-friendly grape cultivation and sustainable farming practices. You’ll find tours and tastings, a fantastic lunch menu at the on-site cafe, and beautiful lake views from every inch of the vineyard.
Also, check this list for local transportation companies that service the Seneca Lake Wine Trail.
Elegant Accommodations at Inn at Gothic Eves
Before you book your room, be sure to check out our “Hot! Hot! Hot! Package.” This is the ideal lodging special for those looking to turn it up a notch. A one-night stay will include a free hour in our luxurious hot tub; make it two nights, and we’ll throw in one 75-minute massage at our on-site spa, as well as the hot tub hour and time in the infrared sauna for two. But the best deal is for a three-night stay with hot tub, sauna, and fire pit time, plus a 75-minute couples massage. That’s a fantastic amount of savings!
This is the perfect package to pair with the Seneca Lake Wine Trail tour. Head on over to our booking calendar and get ready to steam it up at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast!