There’s something extra special about planning a romantic getaway in the wintertime, and there are so many lovely things to do in the Finger Lakes during this cozy season. The snow doesn’t slow us down here in Upstate NY; we just bundle up, throw on our best snow boots, and let the winter fun begin! Whether you’re into downhill or cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or good old-fashioned sledding, there’s something for everyone.
For those who prefer staying in during the snowy season, our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is the ultimate winter getaway. Believe us when we say that some of the best things to do in the Finger Lakes include curling up by a cozy fire, opening a bottle of wine, heading to the spa, and relaxing in your spacious guest room. There’s no better time to reset and refresh pre or post-holiday season.
We love to pamper our guests at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast—thankfully, it just comes easy here! Your day will start with a beautiful and seasonal breakfast, French press, and sweet treats. Then your day is up to you! Head out to the nearby Taughannock Falls State Park and take in the stunning sight of the icy waterfall, hit the slopes at Greek Peak Mountain Resort, or for mellow wintertime fun check out Rice Hill. We can’t wait to host you on your next winter getaway; book your room today!
Best Things to do in the Finger Lakes this Winter
As a guest at the Inn at Gothic Eves, your itinerary can be packed with all of the best things to do in the Finger Lakes this winter, or you can choose a relaxing retreat and spend most of your time at the Inn. For those who connect best over outdoor adventures, you’re in luck, and either way, your romantic and beautifully appointed guest suite will be awaiting your return.
Here are our favorite things to do in the Finger Lakes this winter:
- One of our ultimate things to do in the Finger Lakes is head out for a little old-fashioned winter fun at Rice Hill. This open nature area is known for its sledding hill, two ice skating ponds, and a warming hut with a wood stove. There are several multi-use trails that are popular for snowshoeing, hiking, and cross-country skiing as well. Watch our Innkeeper Rose enjoy this amazing snowy hill here!
- Check out the frozen gorge at Taughannock Falls State Park, which is open year-round. There is significantly less foot traffic on the trails in the winter, but it’s still an exceptionally beautiful place worth putting on your list. The frozen gorge, impressive falls, and landscape covered in white is a sight you won’t soon forget!
- Take advantage of our lake effect snow, and get in some of the best downhill skiing this winter for at least one day during your getaway. There are two excellent ski resorts in the area, but Greek Peak Mountain Resort is the closest, only 45 minutes away. The mountain boasts six ski lifts, 38 trails for all abilities, three terrain parks, a tubing center, and cross-country ski trails. After a day on the slopes, one of the best things to do in the Finger Lakes is curl up at our B&B.
- For a slightly different adventure in the snow, one of the best things to do in the Finger Lakes is strap on some cross-country skis or snowshoes and explore our many state parks and trails this winter. The crisp air, picturesque snowscapes, and serene silence are pure magic. Two nearby popular areas include the Finger Lakes National Forest and Cayuga Nature Center.
- Have you ever tried ice fishing? This winter is your opportunity! There’s plenty of ice fishing in the Finger Lakes region, especially when it gets really cold outside. The north end of Cayuga Lake is a good place to try for northern pike, pickerel, and panfish.
- One of our favorite things to do in the Finger Lakes this winter is to visit the region’s famed wineries. While winter isn’t always thought of as the prime wine-tasting season, it’s a surprisingly great time to visit these award-winning wineries, with fewer crowds, more attentive service, and beautiful landscapes dusted with snow. Read more about our favorite Finger Lakes wineries on our blog.
- The area is also home to some great distilleries, breweries, and cideries worth trying! Nearby, you’ll find Finger Lakes Distilling, Finger Lakes Cider House, Ithaca Beer Company, and Hopshire Farm and Brewery, among others.
- Enjoy the It’s a Wonderful Life Museum in Seneca Falls, a must for fans of the classic holiday film. During the winter, visitors can enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides, special screenings of the movie, holiday-themed competitions, and charity events that benefit local groups!
- Another great event to visit is the Wakins Glen Village Christmas. It’s been running for more than 25 years and features a festive parade, fireworks, and arts and crafts.
- One of the ultimate things to do in the Finger Lakes this winter is plan a spa day. And our on-site spa has the best selection of treatments, workshops, and massage options.
Book our Charming Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast Near Ithaca
Winter is a time to refresh, relax, and spend one-on-one time with our favorite people. There’s no better place to do just that than our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. One of the best things to do in the Finger Lakes, no matter what time of year, is plan a massage, body treatment, or energy healing session at the Spa at Gothic Eves. You don’t have to be an overnight guest to experience the talents of our practitioners and healers at the spa. However, if you are planning an extended getaway, we have some fantastic packages that include lodging and spa visits.
For those who decide to stay overnight, you’ll wake refreshed in one of our eight beautifully appointed and private guest suites. Each room has a King or Queen bed, luxurious pillowtop beds and linens, plush bathrobes, and Egyptian cotton towels. Choice rooms have private porches adjacent to your suites and so much more. And you’ll have access to two private outdoor Jacuzzis (ask about a time slot at check-in). These outdoor tubs are perfect for a relaxing soak, even on a snowy day!
Each morning, we’ll treat you to a delectable, farm-fresh breakfast with tried and true recipes to feed your body and soul. It’s the best fuel before heading out to explore all the fun cold-weather activities nearby and best things to do in the Finger Lakes this winter. Find out more about the experience at our Inn on our social media channels: Facebook & Instagram. Join us this winter and get your reservation on the books at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast today!