Do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt? Do you enjoy finding the diamond in the rough? Does the thought of finding that perfect item at the perfect price make your heart skip a beat? If you answered yes to any of these questions, mark your calendars now for the Trumansburg Community Yard Sale, happening on Saturday, May 18, 2013!
Now in its fourth year, this town-wide event offers fun and great deals for everyone, whether they’re located locally, or visiting from out of town. Not only to our residents offer up some great finds, but a large number of our local stores and organizations offer special sales, discounts, and mini-events between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Last years’ participants included:
- Good To Go! Trumansburg Market, offering breakfast specials
- Presbyterian Church, offering their annual Flower Sale
- Salmon Pottery, offering demonstrations, discounts, and a raffle
- Trumansburg Conservatory of Fine Arts, offering an indoor Flea Market
- Trumansburg Central School, offering their annual 5K run, BBQ, and sweet treats
- Ulysses Philomathic Library, offering hands-on demonstrations and children’s book swap
- Historical Society, offering a reservations-only luncheon (admission required)
- Life’s So Sweet Chocolates, offering Chocolate Tours (admission required)
- Cayuga Nature Center, offering a led nature walk
- Sidewalk Sales and Tag Sales at many downtown stores and attractions
- Trumansburg Farmer’s Market, offering their traditional vendors, music, and fun
- Methodist Church, offering chicken BBQ and pie sales
- and more!!!
While the final 2013 list has not yet been announced, you can bet that similar options will be available again this year. Still have energy left after picking and buying? It is easy to spend a day right here in Trumansburg! Walk on over to our local Alpaca farm to see the animals and enjoy some great shopping, or you can visit our nearby wineries or parks to round out a perfect day. So plan your getaway to the Inn at Gothic Eves and enjoy our small-town atmosphere and hospitality!