The Finger Lakes wine region is flourishing more and more each year, and there’s such a lovely selection of wineries near Ithaca NY for tastings and tours. The best way to start exploring is on the Cayuga Wine Trail, an exclusive group of wineries near Ithaca NY many on the shores of the lake. The combination of sweeping vineyards and stunning lakeside views creates the perfect setting for wine tasting—you’ll savor this backdrop just as much as you can savor these beautiful wines!
The Finger Lakes American Viticultural Area (AVA) was first established in 1982, which includes the Cayuga Lake AVA and Seneca Lake AVA. The climate of this wine region is often compared to that of German-growing areas, so you’ll find similar varietals such as Riesling and Gewurztraminer. Thanks to the deep, rocky soils in the Finger Lakes region, there’s excellent drainage, and most of the vines are planted on steep hillsides adjacent to the lakes where the breeze can cool the fruit during the warmer months.
You’ll really need more than one day to explore these wineries near Ithaca NY on the Cayuga Wine Trail—which calls for a weekend getaway or even an extended vacation to the area. You’ll want to book a lodging property that matches the quality of these fantastic wines, and our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast offers such a lovely place to stay. Our eight-room Inn is spacious and cozy at the same time, with elegant appointments, luxurious amenities, and exquisite hospitality. We’ll even treat you to a fabulous breakfast each morning before you embark on your adventures! Book your room today.
The Best Wineries near Ithaca NY for Wine Tastings on Cayuga Lake
Whether you’ve been to the Finger Lakes often or this is your first visit, you should consider exploring these excellent wineries near Ithaca NY during your stay. Not only will you try some unique cold-weather varietals but you’re bound to discover your favorite wines grown with precision and care. Heading out on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail is a great way to get an in-depth look at these establishments.
Here are the wineries near Ithaca NY on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail to check out:
- Americana Vineyards: The renovated 1820s swing barn for tastings is just about a five-minute drive from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Head here for lively wine tastings on the lawn, often accompanied by local musicians.
- Buttonwood Grove Winery: It’s all about rustic charm at this choice of wineries near Ithaca NY. Enjoy the lakefront views from the multi-level deck while you sip!
- Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery: This is one of the best wineries near Ithaca NY to get away from it all with lovely tastings held in the rustic red barn. They have great food options, too.
- Hosmer Winery: Home to some of the oldest vineyards along Cayuga Lake, beyond just producing incredible wines, these caretakers take great pride in producing sustainable wines. The vineyard tour is memorable; make a reservation first!
- Long Point Winery: The stunning 72 acres on the eastern shores of Cayuga Lake make the perfect backdrop to try these award-winning wines from the Finger Lakes AVA.
- Montezuma Winery: A new tasting room is being constructed at this local winery on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. The new space is set to open in the fall of 2024 and will be a spacious and airy place for wine tastings and tours.
- Six Eighty Cellars: This is one of the only wineries near Ithaca NY using the old-world tradition of aging wine in ancient amphorae vessels. Make a reservation for a seating tasting of these unique wines, or pop in for a glass of wine and take in the view.
- Six Mile Creek Vineyards: This is one of the Finger Lakes wineries we partner with for a two-for-the-price-of-one tasting for our bed and breakfast guests. Call ahead and make a reservation to taste these delicious wines on the deck for a great price!
- Swedish Hill Winery: This third-generation family farm winery was an early pioneer in advancing the Finger Lakes wine region. This is one of the best wineries near Ithaca NY to taste an array of award-winning wines.
- Thirsty Owl Wine Co: Spanning 150 acres on the western shore of Cayuga Lake, this is one of the few Finger Lakes wineries that welcome guests by boat. Explore the stunning grounds and plan a delicious meal at the on-site restaurant (re-opening in May).
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is One of the Best Places to Stay
To get the whole experience of visiting these fantastic Finger Lakes wineries near Ithaca NY, it’s best to plan on more than one day to do it all! That’s where our luxurious Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast comes into play! Our Inn makes the perfect home base for your wine tasting adventure. Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is conveniently located between Cayuga and Seneca Lakes, providing easy access to some of the region’s finest wineries and other attractions.
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast offers guests eight elegant guest rooms, each offering its own private retreat and access to our incredible range of amenities. Six of these guest rooms are in the Main House, with the remaining two in the separate and more private Potter House. Each of our rooms comes with a king or queen bed, and some come equipped with fireplaces and jetted jacuzzi tubs. Every room has a pristine en suite bath with its own design and special touches.
As an additional benefit, our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast also runs a luxurious day spa, allowing you to enjoy every moment of your getaway and unwind. We provide soothing massages, energy healing sessions and classes, state-of-the-art infrared saunas, and relaxing soaks in our outdoor Jacuzzis. You will undoubtedly feel like you’re living the high life at our bed and breakfast and might even wonder why it took you so long to discover us. Start planning your next getaway to the Finger Lakes, and book your room today!