With more than 100 wineries in the Finger Lakes, it’s not always easy to narrow it down to a modest and doable tasting itinerary; thankfully, there’s a great selection of wineries on Seneca Lake, which is a great place to start to get an idea of the terroir and our cold weather varietals that thrive here. The large size and deep depths of Seneca Lake make it the perfect place for vineyards, so it’s no surprise Seneca Lake is home to more wineries than any of the other Finger Lakes.
The Seneca Wine Trail is a collection of 27 wineries on the shores and hills along the lakeside. The wineries on Seneca Lake are known for stellar wine tastings with stunning views, knowledgeable wine ambassadors, and yearly events that you won’t want to miss. Spring is a lovely time to explore these wineries on Seneca Lake, as the vineyards will just be budding with green, the crowds of summer are still to come, and the crisp sunny days set a beautiful backdrop.
Due to the sheer number of Finger Lakes wineries, it’s best to make a full weekend or multiple weekday getaway out of it! And our Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes is in the ideal location to enjoy these wineries on Seneca Lake. The majority of these local vineyards are under a 20-minute scenic drive, and you’ll even find guided touring options where transportation is included (some will even do door-to-door service at the Inn!) You’ll taste the day away and have luxurious accommodations awaiting your return. Book a room at our B&B today!
The Ten Best Wineries on Seneca Lake for Tastings
The associate members of the Seneca Lake Wine Trail span the East and West sides of the nearly 40-mile lake. Due to the miles of shoreline and deep water of this Finger Lake, the climate is ideal for grape cultivation. This body of water is too deep to freeze in the winter months, so it acts as heat storage for the vineyards along the shores. Our list will narrow down your choices to the east side of the lake, as these choices are all about 20 minutes from our Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes.
Here are ten wineries on Seneca Lake to check out during your visit to the Finger Lakes:
- Atwater Estate Vineyards: Offering one of the most panoramic views of Seneca Lake, the vineyards at this Finger Lake winery were planted in 2000 and now grow 16 varieties and produce 7000 cases of wine each year.
- Chateau LaFayette Reneau: The winemakers use European techniques to create delicate white wines and rich, bold reds at this winery in the Finger Lakes. Tastings take place in a fully restored barn from the early 1900s.
- Damiani Wine Cellars: You’ll find a range of dry to semi-dry whites and delicate to big and bold reds at this choice of wineries on Seneca Lake. Stop in for a tasting, play a round of bocce ball, and you might even catch some live music.
- Hazlitt 1852: As one of the oldest wineries on Seneca Lake, the Hector, NY, location offers three distinct tasting areas on the property. Head to the horseshoe-shaped bar and indoor or outdoor tables, or explore the beautiful landscape.
- Idol Ridge Winery: This Finger Lakes winery is the perfect place for wine and spirits lovers to come together. You can enjoy wine or liquor tasting.
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars: This hundred percent solar-powered winery offers 20 unique vineyard blocks with ten varietals. Their wines often earn more than 90 plus points from Wine & Spirits magazine.
- Three Brothers Wineries & Estates: You’ll find four unique tasting opportunities at this local estate, choose from singular tastings of wine, beer, or cider, or get a bundle pack and enjoy all. Grab lunch at the Iron Heart Cafe as well.
- Ventosa Vineyards: Enjoy a taste of Tuscany at this Finger Lakes winery. This beautiful estate hosts live music regularly and serve traditional Italian classics at the on-site Cafe Toscana cafe.
- Wagner Vineyards: As one of the stalwart wineries in the Finger Lakes, you’ll find great tasting opportunities here. We love the library tasting, showing how wines can age from vintage to vintage.
- Zugibe Vineyards: This local winery has a lovely selection, from wine to mimosas and beer to cider; they’ve got you covered. Pop into the Phoenician Bisto for a Mediterranean menu.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes
After thoroughly exploring the region’s beautiful wines at the best wineries on Seneca Lake near our Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes, you’ll be ready to retreat to your luxurious accommodations back at the Inn. From our cozy common rooms with fireplaces and ample seating to your own private guest room, there are plenty of spaces to unwind and relax. If the weather cooperates, lounge away in our hammocks or Adirondack chairs around our garden property.
Every morning at our Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes is a celebration of local produce and products with our farm-to-table-style breakfast service. When possible, we use ingredients from our own vegetable garden on-site. We also feature proteins and cheeses from nearby Finger Lakes farms. You’ll also enjoy French press coffee, teas, and fresh juices. We love accommodating dietary restrictions when we can; alert us as soon as you book.
Other than tasting and touring at the wineries on Seneca Lake, another fantastic addition to your couple’s getaway or friend’s retreat is a trip to the Spa at Gothic Eves—the premiere Finger Lakes spa for massages, beauty treatments and whole body wellness. We offer infrared sauna sessions and energy healing as well! There’s something relaxing for everyone to experience at our on-site spa; not all lodging properties in the Finger Lakes offer these services. We can’t wait to host you; book your room today!