Dining out is such an integral part of any vacation, and we’re so blessed in this area with a plethora of fantastic Finger Lakes restaurants. From fine-dining establishments serving coursed menus to casual cafes with organic and farm-fresh ingredients, you’ll find it all at these Finger Lakes restaurants near our Trumansburg Bed and Breakfast.
Thankfully, this area is full of talented chefs and service folks who love what they do. This attitude shows in the hospitality and welcoming atmosphere at these establishments. And most importantly, this is apparent in the meals that come to your table, prepared with care and connection to the land surrounding the beautiful Finger Lakes region. You’ll also find some lovely wine lists—we’ll toast to that!
At our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in an ideal location to explore the culinary options in Trumansburg and neighboring towns. One of the other most excellent perks of being a guest at our Inn is our beautiful breakfast spreads. We take pride in our morning meals, using farm-fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible. If you’re a foodie, you’re going to love it here. Check our availability and book today!
The Best Finger Lakes Restaurants for Winter Dining
Enjoy the beautiful bounty of our area by dining out at the nearby Finger Lakes restaurants. There isn’t much cozier than spending a leisurely evening over a deliciously cooked meal for two in the wintertime. While there’s a chill outside, you’ll be nice and warm inside with delectable drinks and thoughtfully prepared dishes.
Here are six Finger Lakes restaurants in Trumansburg and the surrounding area to check out on your stay:
- Hazelnut Kitchen: This local Finger Lakes restaurant has been serving farm-fresh menus with local ingredients since 2007. Roasted squash with apple butter or coconut shrimp with preserved lemon are examples of the small plate options, while entrees consist of hearty autumnal pot pies, NY strip steak, and apple cider-braised pork shoulder. This lovely dining option is one of the best in the region and within walking distance from our Inn.
- Gola Osteria: For a “fresh spin on classic Italian dishes,” head to this local favorite. You’ll find seasonal menus using the bounty of New York and Pennsylvania farms, housemade pasta with rich sauces, and creative mains for a full feast. Cocktails are inventive twists on old-school classics and the wine list includes beautiful selections from Italy and our own Finger Lakes wineries.
- The Heights Cafe: Located in Ithaca just one mile from the historic Cornell University, this stalwart Mediterranean-inspired restaurant serves artfully designed small plates, entrees, and handcrafted pizzas. Even if you don’t make it here for dinner, they are highly acclaimed for their dessert options, so include a late-night sweet treat with their famous chocolate lave cake souffle and a glass of Fox Run Tawny Port—one of our favorite Finger Lakes wineries.
- Dano’s Heuringer on Seneca: For a one-of-a-kind dining experience, this is one of the Finger Lakes restaurants with a unique concept and it never disappoints. It’s a traditional Viennese Winery paired with local wines, pastries, and Viennese-style dishes. Enjoy picking from a selection of housemade spreads, flavorful salads, and smoked fish.
- Le Cafe Cent-Dix: This elegant French eatery, is one of the Finger Lakes restaurants that’s perfect for a quiet, romantic date night in Ithaca. Steak Frites, Croque madam, and fantastic French onion soup are just the beginning of the classic Parisan choices for your dinner for two.
- Restaurant Row: One of the best places to experience a host of the Finger Lakes restaurants all in one go is to head to Aurora Street. You’ll find anything from upscale fine-dining, ethnic cuisines, and quick, casual bites. There are lots of outdoor eating spaces and retail options for a fun day exploring downtown Ithaca.
An Elegant Breakfast Table Set for our B&B Guests
We absolutely love to cook and host guests in our dining room. Our classic leaded windows welcome bright light in the mornings, and our French press coffee is ready to go. The spacious room is the perfect arrangement to enjoy your farm-fresh breakfast with the other guests safely. We like to think of our dining space as the best of the private Finger Lakes restaurants around town!
If you prefer to take your meal in your guest suite, we can easily arrange that for you, and there isn’t much better than coffee and breakfast in bed anyway! Additionally, outdoor seating arrangements can be made, weather permitting.
Breakfasts with Amazing Home Cooked Dishes
If you appreciate culinary adventures and farm-to-table style dining, then the Inn at Gothic Eves is the place for you. We source our ingredients from local farms, the weekly Trumansburg Farmer’s Market, and even our own garden when possible. Even our eggs and breakfast meats are provided by local establishments.
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast has six guest suites in our main house, with two additional dwellings in the adjacent Potter House. Each room is unique, with high-end appointments and luxury amenities. We also offer state-of-the-art relaxation services at the Spa at Gothic Eves, from massage, hot tub and saunas, energy work, or crystal healing sessions.
Begin your next adventure with us in the Finger Lakes and book your stay today!