Lucky for us, there are plenty of Finger Lakes wineries near the Inn, so our guests often include wine tasting adventures on their itineraries. The Finger Lakes region is an incredibly distinctive landscape, made up of 11 long, narrow bodies of water, which creates unique wines. This area is also the largest producer of wine in all of New York State. The wines from the Finger Lakes AVA are often compared to German varietals, due to the similarities in climate.
Two smaller AVAs lie within the larger Finger Lakes AVA—Cayuga Lake AVA and Seneca Lake AVA. These are the Finger Lakes wineries that you’ll find nearest to our Inn. The most popular varieties grown in these regions are Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Cab Franc. Wines produced in the Cayuga Lake AVA tend to lean towards a fruitier flavor profile, while those of the Seneca Lake AVA present a selection closer to the dry side of the palate.
From the minute you check in at our elegant Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, you’ll see that we love and appreciate the finer things in life. Ranking high on that list is wine! Each of our guest rooms represents that, as we’ve named them after some of our favorite grape varietals. Whether you’re planning on touring multiple tasting rooms or would rather just enjoy a bottle from one of these Finger Lakes wineries here at the our Inn, it’s a lovely addition to any stay with us.
Check out our availability and start planning your wine tasting adventure with us at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast!
Check out these 7 Finger Lakes Wineries Near our Inn
Spending a day touring the beautiful countryside of the Finger Lakes is a treat, and even more so with stops along the way at these amazing Finger Lake wineries. As always, our staff is happy to help with suggestions on a wine tasing route or even reservations if needed.
Here’s the scoop on these seven Finger Lakes wineries near the Inn at Gothic Eves:
- Sheldrake Point Vineyard: On the western shores of Cayuga Lake tucked between two deep gorges, this is one of the Finger Lakes wineries that has been producing a dry Cab Franc rose and nine other varietals since 1997. The team here focuses on sustainable farming and growing practices. Take in the gorgeous views of the lake and rolling lawns at their tasting room and don’t miss a taste of their unique ice wine.
- Americana Vineyards: This winery resides in a renovated 1820s swing barn, which is the perfect venue for live music and fun wine tastings. Only about five minutes drive from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast you’ll want to check out this spot at least once, and if you visit on a Sunday evening you might catch one of their shows from the weekly concert series.
- Red Newt Wine Cellars: You’ll find this tasting room about 20 minutes directly west from our Bed and Breakfast. The expansive outdoor seating area and airy indoor seating offers beautiful views and lots of space for a comfortable tasting and snacks including local cheeses and candied nuts.
- Standing Stone Vineyards: Just outside of Hector, NY on the shores of Seneca Lake, this 46-acre vineyard was planted with Riesling and Chardonnay in the early 1970s, which makes these vines some of the oldest in the area. They are currently offering tastings and tours by reservation only.
- Shalestone Vineyards: Red wine drinkers can rejoice at this tasting room and Finger Lakes winery, as they only offer red varieties in their lineup! You’ll find some traditional wines like Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir, but also some super fun and unusual varietals like Zweigelt and Saparavi, plus big bold blends.
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars: Right near Lodi, NY this is one of the Finger Lakes wineries that runs on one hundred percent solar power with more than 100-acres and 20 unique vineyard blocks planted with 10 varietals. They welcome guests to bring a picnic along to pair with a tasting of the estate grown wines.
- Wagner Vineyards Estate: Nestled along the Eastern edge of Seneca Lake, this award-winning Finger Lakes winery took the big prize at the 2019 New York Wine Classic and was named winery of the year. They offer indoor and outdoor for flights of their classic wines. This is one of the Finger Lakes wineries you won’t want to miss!
Luxury Lodging Perfect for a Wine Tour Getaway to NY
Visiting these Finger Lakes wineries is the perfect way to get to know this area of upstate New York. You’ll take in the pastoral views on your scenic drives, enjoy the picturesque vistas of Cayuga and Seneca Lakes, and taste some absolutely amazing wine. The only thing better is arriving back to our Inn, with bottle in hand to enjoy out on the terrace or in the privacy and comfort of your own suite. We’ll cheers to that!
The perfection doesn’t stop there, you’ll thoroughly love to wake up here refreshed after a restful night’s sleep in our cozy and pillow-top beds. As you head down to our complementary and thoughtfully prepared breakfast, you’ll feel the serene calm of our peaceful retreat from the elegant garden grounds to the 5-star in-house spa treatments. We look forward to hosting you at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast; book today!