The farmers of the Finger Lakes region are on the pulse of the new cider resurgence, and Finger Lakes Cider House at Good Life Farm is a lovely place to indulge in this old-school beverage. While the Finger Lakes is known as one of the US’s premier cold-climate grape growing regions, it’s a lesser-known fact that it’s also an area leading in producing these delicious, dry, funky, and crisp artisan apple ciders.
The Finger Lakes Cider House overlooks Cayuga Lake, the apple orchards, and the working organic Good Life Farm. Just off Route 89, north of Ithaca and Trumansburg, this is a perfect stop for a cider tasting, a fresh farm meal, and especially a relaxing afternoon or evening soaking up the beauty of the Finger Lakes region. You’ll often see groups of friends playing a game of cornhole, families out picking apples, and folks enjoying the sunshine on the lawn.
Only about a 10-minute and very scenic drive from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, we always suggest that our guests add a trip out to the Finger Lakes Cider House to their itinerary. There’s nothing quite like a fresh, crisp cider paired with a farm-to-table style menu. You’ll find a similar atmosphere at our B&B, where service is our priority, and every detail is taken care of during your stay. Join us in the Finger Lakes region and reserve your room today!
Head to Finger Lakes Cider House & More
There’s been a renaissance of cider making in the Finger Lakes region as of late, and one of the best outings is heading out for a tasting or two at one of the local farms, orchards, and cideries. While the Finger Lakes Cider House is truly a must-visit, there are a lot of choices around the area for enjoying this fun, crisp, bubbly beverage.
Here are five cideries to check out near our Finger Lakes B&B:
- Finger Lakes Cider House: There’s more to do here than just taste some fantastic local cider. Of course, do that first with a flight of the Funkhouse, Pioneer Pippin, Rose, and Honeoye. Have a farm-fresh meal with local cheeses and charcuterie, grilled cheese, and sweet treats. After, explore the orchard, play a round of cornhole, and take in the stunning lake views.
- Bellwether Hard Cider: Just about five minutes from our Inn, this local farm and cidery offers tastings of their organic apple ciders. Head here for a flight, glass, or bottle and enjoy the outdoor patio in the fresh air.
- Black Diamond Farm and Cider: This organic farm and cidery reopens its “Cider Shack” for tastings on May 1st. The hour-long tour shows off the orchard and cidery, where the farmers will teach you about the varieties and processes and then finish with a tasting.
- New York Cider Company: This local Finger Lakes cidery crafts unique hard ciders using interesting New York State heirloom and wild apple varietals. They strive to be sustainable farmers using traditional cider-making methods and techniques. You’ll find these ciders at the local farmer’s markets as well!
- South Hill Cider: Just outside Ithaca, NY, visit this local cidery for guided tastings, cider by the glass, and house-made snacks and small plates. They’re also located right on the Finger Lakes Trail, so pair a tasting here with a hike through the FLLT Nature Preserve.
As always, our staff is more than happy to help plan your itineraries in our area. If you have any questions about heading out to the Finger Lakes Cider House and more, let us know!
The Best Couples Retreat at our Finger Lakes Inn
One of the best ways to really understand how lovely a getaway is at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is to hear it from our past guests. We have nearly 300 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor, and many of these guests have returned to stay with us time and time again. Here’s our most recent review from a happy visitor:
“We loved our stay here. We stayed in the Merlot Suite. It was very comfortable with great views of the property. Mary made us amazing breakfasts and was very hospitable. We also took advantage of the spa for a couples massage. It was amazing!! We also loved using the hot tub in the evening. The bed and breakfast is located in a great spot so you can walk to the town for dinner and easily drive to points of interest in the area. We loved it here and would definitely come back.” –January 2022
We can’t wait to host you at the Inn at Gothic Eves for a vacation full of cider tasting at Finger Lakes Cider House, long waterfall walks, hikes through the woods, and fantastic morning meals each day. Book your next vacation today!