The New Year is about fresh starts and resolutions, and a great goal is spending more time with friends. Upstate New York is one of the best places to head for your girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes. Taking a trip with our besties sometimes gets put on the back burner as work and family life can take president, but it’s ever-important that we nourish these relationships and carve out that time on the calendar. First, you must figure out who, where, when, and how.
Upstate New York is the perfect place for those living in the city to reset and reconnect! A girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes is just the ticket for quiet, restful stays surrounded by rolling farmland and forests. The small village of Trumansburg, about 20 minutes from downtown Ithaca, offers an idyllic backdrop—a charming main street with a farmers market, local boutiques, and cafes. It’s also the locale for Taughannock Falls State Park, home to one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Finger Lakes.
You’ll want your lodging to match your mood, and our bed and breakfast is one of the best places to stay in the Finger Lakes. Our cozy eight-room inn is arranged with an interior designer’s eye, where every detail is handled. You and your girls can sit back in your elegant room by the fire, relax at our on-site spa, and take advantage of our award-winning garden grounds. Enjoy the peaceful space for morning meditations, yoga, or a glass of wine in the evening. It’s the perfect place to sneak away for a day or two and reset. Book your girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes at our bed and breakfast today!
Plan Your Girls Weekend Getaway to the Finger Lakes
This area is ideal for planning your upcoming girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes! There are so many fun things to do, including wine tastings, hiking, spa visits, excellent restaurants, and so much more. With our Bed and Breakfast in the Finger Lakes as your home base, heading out to explore will be part of the adventure, but returning back to our cozy and elegant Inn will be a highlight.
Here are our favorite things to do on your next girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes:
- Wine Tastings at nearby Finger Lakes Wineries: The Finger Lakes region is one of the most up-and-coming wine AVAs in the country, and there are so many lovely tasting rooms near our B&B. Sheldrake Point Winery is a favorite destination for your girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes—their bubbly wine is perfect for a celebratory toast!
- Shopping at the Trumansburg Farmers Market & More: As a guest at our bed and breakfast in the Finger Lakes, you’ll be within walking distance of the charming downtown area of Trumansburg for the market, coffee shops, and local boutiques for gifts and more. There’s even a great selection of antique shops nearby!
- Hiking at Taughannock Falls State Park: Just a quick jaunt from the Inn, this stunning state park is home to one of the most beautiful and impressive waterfalls in the area at Taughannock Falls State Park. Take your girls on a moderate hike on the gorge trail and snap photos for your Instagram story. A visit to the falls will be a highlight of your girl’s weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes!
- Relaxing at the Inn: Downtime is a must on quick getaways, and our Inn is the perfect place to sit back and refresh. Please take advantage of our shared spaces for games and conversation. Head to our garden grounds to relax, surrounded by flower gardens and rolling green lawns.
- Booking Spa Treatments: Having the Spa at Gothic Eves right on site makes booking and getting to appointments a breeze. Check out our menu of offerings and pack your girl’s weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes full of massages, treatments, and energy healing sessions.
- Dinner Reservations: There’s a long list of restaurants in the Finger Lakes for tasty farm-to-table lunches and dinners. We always love the Finger Lakes Cider House for a daytime meal and Hazelnut Kitchen for seasonal and farm-fresh evenings.
- Enjoy the Lakes: Our Inn is nestled between the Cayuga and Seneca Lakes. There are plenty of fantastic lakefront areas to launch a kayak or canoe and dip your toes into those crisp waters.
- Join Us for Breakfast: Our morning breakfast service is one of the perks of choosing our Inn for your girl’s weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes. We’ll start your day with a French press (or mimosas, if that’s the mood) and a healthful and wholesome meal. Read on to find out more details.
One of the Best Places to Stay in the Finger Lakes
One of the best parts of staying at our bed and breakfast for your girls’ weekend getaway to the Finger Lakes will be the mornings at the Inn! We love to pamper our guests first thing each day with a healthful, organic, and seasonal breakfast. You’ll start with piping hot French press, juices, and baked goods. Our sweet and savory entrees are creative and flavorful, giving you the best start to the day on your adventure.
If you’re here for relaxation, we also host morning meditations with our Innkeeper and energy healer Rose Gilbert. These sessions can be arranged in advance. Head back to your guest room to refresh with a hot shower or jetted bubble bath, depending on your room choice. Sit by the gas fireplace with your favorite vacation read or watch a movie. Next up, you’ll have to visit our on-site spa! We have massage options, body treatments, energy healing sessions, and an infrared sauna for dry heat sits.
Most importantly, as a guest at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast for your girls’ weekend getaway in the Finger Lakes, we’ll take care of all of the details. You and your girlfriends can sit back, enjoy a glass of wine, nibble on cheese and charcuterie boards, and spend quality time together. You look back on your time here with fondness and be ready to plan the next trip ASAP! Find out more about the experience at our Inn on our social media channels: Facebook & Instagram. Book your room today!