I have learned the way to keep moving your business forward is to always be thinking of the next step. Over the last five years or so I have worked hard to renovate the guest rooms, as well as the spa to meet my own standards and those of my guests. And right now I am renovating my personal space! Exciting, I know!
I have to pamper myself so I can pamper you!
Here are some tips that I have learned over the years and find useful for a successful remodel.
- Have a conversation with your builder months ahead of construction
- You must play an active role
- Build a rapport with the people doing the construction
- Get to know their habits
- Be available to answer questions
- Be knowledgeable about materials, and construction
- Be able to verbalize your design
- Anticipate a big mess and don’t be surprised when it’s even bigger
- Be flexible with your end date – things just happen
- Don’t enter a construction project without plenty of money
- Don’t believe TV. It takes much longer than a week.