Before the crazy hectic holiday season sets in, it’s time to plan your winter getaway to the Finger Lakes, and our Bed and Breakfast in Upstate NY is the best place to stay. You’ll feel warm and cozy inside as the soft snow falls, creating a winter wonderland outside. If you’re searching for romance, this is the place to nourish it in our delightfully-appointed guest suites, at our dining table over a lovely breakfast, or with a couple’s massage at our on-site Spa.
Our luxurious bed and breakfast in Upstate NY is also in the ideal location to explore all of the romantic wintery things to do in the Finger Lakes region. Bundle up for a day of snowshoeing or sledding, enjoy a cozy indoor wine tasting with the icy vineyards as your backdrop, and indulge in some of the best restaurants around town. Or, for those who would instead hibernate in your guest room, you’ll enjoy the privacy and quiet that only our quaint Inn can provide. Don’t miss your chance to stay at the most romantic bed and breakfast in Upstate NY, and get your reservations on the books today!
Cozy Winter Getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Upstate NY
One of the most romantic rooms at our bed and breakfast in Upstate NY is the grand Seneca Suite, one of two located just above the Spa at the Gothic Eves. This is a perfect suite for guests looking for a romantic getaway with spa treatments and quiet time. Every inch of this suite exudes elegance with the stunning four-poster bed with wood and mirror, luxurious linens, and tasteful custom furnishing.
Ample picture windows in the bedroom provide a ton of natural light and bring the outdoors in. The en suite bath is a lovely place to relax with an oversized shower with stone and glass tile and a rain shower head. Everything about this room creates a special place to unwind and connect! Insider’s tip: if you plan on traveling with another couple, book the Seneca Suite and the Cayuga Suite, located on the Potter House’s second floor. You’ll each have your own privacy but be right next door to one another.
Romantic Things to do in the Finger Lakes this Winter:
- Check out the frozen gorge at Taughannock Falls State Park, which is open year-round. There is significantly less foot traffic on the trails in the winter, but it’s still a wonderful place worth putting on your list. It’s by far one of the most romantic things to do this winter!
- We always suggest visiting the region’s wineries all year long. The Finger Lakes Wine Region is considered one of the best in the nation, and winter is surprisingly a fantastic time to visit these award-winning wineries. This season is a bit more relaxed, so you’ll enjoy cozy and quiet wine tastings.
- The Finger Lakes area is also home to some great distilleries, breweries, and cideries worth trying! Nearby, you’ll find Finger Lakes Distilling, The Grist Iron Brewing Company, Liquid State Brewing, Finger Lakes Cider House, Ithaca Beer Company, and more.
- One of the best ways to enjoy the freshly fallen snow is to strap on some cross-country skis or snowshoes and explore our many state parks and trails this winter. The crisp air and picturesque snowscapes are magic for deepening your connection with your partner. Two areas near our bed and breakfast in Upstate NY are the Finger Lakes National Forest and Cayuga Nature Center.
- If you’re looking for a little old-fashioned winter fun, head to Rice Hill. You’ll love the sledding hill, two ice skating ponds, and a warming hut with a wood stove. Several multi-use trails are also popular for snowshoeing, hiking, and cross-country skiing. All are just five minutes from our bed and breakfast in Upstate NY!
The Best Breakfast in Upstate NY
Our morning meal is always a huge perk of staying with us at our bed and breakfast in Upstate NY. Not only do our breakfasts include sweet and savory options, but we use as many local products, goods, and produce as we can get our hands on in the winter. Our seasonal dishes will warm your soul, and you’ll love relaxing by the fire with a hot cup of coffee and your favorite person each morning before heading out on your romantic adventures. We can’t wait to host you in the Finger Lakes; book your most unforgettable romantic winter getaway today!