To check out some of the latest culinary trends and creative food and drink menus, the restaurants in Ithaca are on the pulse and serving up fantastic dining experiences. You’ll have your pick from the tried and true stalwarts, as well as the spunky newcomers to the scene. Whether you’re looking for an elegant dinner for two or a casual date stop, this funky college town on the southern shore of Cayuga Lake is well worth a visit.
If you’re heading to the Finger Lakes for a quick weekend retreat or a leisurely vacation, our bed and breakfast in Trumansburg is one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. You’ll be close enough to explore the nearby attractions in Ithaca but set back in our charming village nestled between Seneca and Cayuga Lake. Our elegant Inn offers eight lovely room accommodations, each with its own unique decor and atmosphere, but all with luxurious amenities and fine appointments.
Fine Dining and Romance at these Restaurants in Ithaca
There are so many things to do in Ithaca during your stay in the Finger Lakes: the Cornell Botanic Gardens, beautiful hikes, and fantastic dining opportunities, just to name a few.
Here are our eight favorite restaurants in Ithaca for a lovely date night:
- Gola Osteria: This restaurant in Ithaca is a favorite date night spot for a fresh spin on classic Italian dishes. Head here for the scratch-made pasta, sauces, and craft cocktails—the housemade mozzarella with Tuscan olive oil and Syracuse salt.
- The Heights: Recently named as one of the standout wine restaurants in Ithaca by Wine Spectator, this old-school fine dining eatery is a must for a romantic dinner for two. Save room for the famous “Lava Cake” Souflee.
- Moosewood Restaurant: Known for its unique ownership model and as the country’s longest-operating vegetarian restaurant, these are meatless dishes you won’t want to miss. The dining room was recently renovated, and the bright, airy space is the perfect backdrop for a date.
- Coltivare: Enjoy the rustic-chic atmosphere at this culinary center for Tompkins Cortland Community College, where students can gain hands-on working knowledge about their future profession. The menu reflects farm-fresh practices with pasta, burgers, flatbreads, and more.
- Mias Tapas Bar: One of the only restaurants in Ithaca for tapas with a pan-Asian theme, this cozy spot has a large selection of small plates, Indian-style rice dishes, and Thai favorites.
- Cent Dix: Modern culinary trends meet a classic French cafe at Cent Dix. This is one of the best restaurants in Ithaca for a romantic evening, for a full dinner or snacks and glasses of elegant French wine.
- Luna Inspired Street Food: For a fun and casual dinner near the Ithaca Commons, you’ll find everything from carnitas street tacos, gochujang short ribs, mac and cheese, and poutine burgers on the menu here.
- Lev Kitchen: Pop next door from Luna to try authentic Middle Eastern favorites with a modern twist. Their creative malawach wraps with a Yemeni flatbread are divine!
We believe a healthy breakfast is by far the most important meal of the day, and it shows in our bountiful spread of morning entrees, baked goods, and fresh fruit. Let us treat you to delectable French press coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, and spectacular service. Much of our produce and ingredients are sourced from local farms and even from our very own vegetable and herb garden whenever possible. We are always happy to accommodate special dietary requests whenever possible; let our personable staff know upon check-in or call ahead to ensure we can best prepare.
Romantic Lodging at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast
After exploring the dining options at the restaurants in Ithaca, NY, there’s no better place to relax than our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Your elegantly appointed guest room will be waiting for you—slip on your robe and sit by the fire with a glass of wine and stay in for movie night. Or, if you’d rather, explore our Inn’s shared rooms or the garden grounds with comfortable seating areas; the patio space is beautiful during the autumn months.
We can’t wait to host you at our Finger Lakes B&B; book your next romantic getaway in Upstate New York today!