Are you looking for the best romantic getaways in NY? Welcome to our incredible little Bed and Breakfast, located just north of Ithaca, in the charming town of Trumansburg. Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is situated between Cayuga and Seneca Lakes, and at the very heart of the Finger Lakes wine Trail. Our location near so many great wineries, restaurants, and stunning natural attractions is certainly part of what makes us one of the most romantic getaways in NY, but what you’ll find inside our charming Inn is an important part of it, too.
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast houses 8 spacious and luxuriously appointed guest rooms, creating the perfect space for romantic getaways. Our guest rooms feature wonderful amenities like comfortable beds with high thread count linens, custom-designed showers, and in some suites cathedral ceilings, fireplaces, and/or a relaxing jacuzzi tub for two. We aren’t too far away from the wonderful downtown of Ithaca, but just far enough away to escape the crowds and busy din of city noise.
Our Inn was made for romantic getaways in NY, and we’d love nothing more than the chance to show you just how special a getaway can be. Book your room at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast today!
The Most Romantic Getaways in NY Start Here
We’ve already mentioned just a taste of what makes our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast one of the most romantic getaways in NY. From the moment you arrive at our luxurious Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, we think you’ll both see and feel the difference. 6 of our 8 guest rooms are located in the main house, while the other 2 are in our separate Potter House. Though all of the guest rooms in our main house offer an unbelievably romantic setting, the Pinot Suite is perhaps the most romantic and best suited for romantic getaways in NY.
This second-floor suite features a cozy queen bed and a wall of windows above the bed that offer a beautiful view of our seasonal gardens, along with the Potter house, slate terrace, and the 165-year-old maple tree. The bathroom in this suite is the star of the show, at least when it comes to romance. It’s outfitted with a Jacuzzi tub and a custom large shower with a stone bench.
The suites in the Potter House are our most romantic and private guest rooms, situated just above The Spa at Gothic Eves. Both the Cayuga and Seneca Suites in the Potter House offer fireplaces, sitting areas, cathedral ceilings, refrigerators and microwaves, and flat-screen TVs. Though our spa is currently closed, once it’s open again these guest rooms will be the perfect spa getaway, where you’re free to enjoy as many spa treatments as you want throughout the day, followed by naps, reading, and general relaxing in the privacy of your suite upstairs.
Romantic Things to do Near our Finger Lakes B&B
We have the romantic accommodations covered for your getaway – so now what will you do while you’re here? The Finger Lakes Region is a great 4-season destination filled with plenty of things to do, including a number of exceedingly romantic ways to spice up any getaway to our Bed and Breakfast.
We’re sure you’ve heard the old adage “the couple that plays together, stays together.” Luckily for couples looking for romantic getaways in NY, there’s plenty to do that keeps the fun and romantic spark between you and your loved one alive. Here are a few of our favorite things to do while you’re in the area – that is provided you can tear yourself away from the romance of our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, of course.
- One of the most popular things to do in the Finger Lakes is, of course, wine tasting. Wineries and tasting rooms are still open throughout the area. There is perhaps nothing more romantic than sharing a delicious glass of wine from the country’s most renowned wine-growing region while enjoying sweeping views of the beautiful lakes. Our favorite wineries include Red Newt Cellars, Damiani Wine Cellars, Glenora Wine Cellars, Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard, Fox Run Vineyards, Lamoreaux Landing, Wagner Vineyards, Hosmer Winery, Sheldrake Point Winery, and Shalestone Vineyards.
- Wine tasting isn’t the only way to pass a quiet afternoon together, though. There are also plenty of local breweries, cideries, and distilleries, too!
- Intimate dinners for two can also be enjoyed at local restaurants, including FLX Table, Veraisons Restaurant at Glenora Wine Cellars, Hazelnut Kitchen, Just a Taste, Le Cafe Cent Dix, and Gola Osteria. However, you’re more than welcome to bring takeout back to the Inn to be enjoyed here, too.
- Looking for a way to get outside? There’ so much to do! Take a romantic wintry hike or snowshoe at Taughannock Falls State Park, which is home to one of the most beautiful waterfalls in upstate New York and is just minutes from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Another great choice would be to head to Watkins Glen State Park, itself also a magical winter wonderland just begging to be explored. Keep an eye on conditions at both parks, as they can close at any time due to conditions. You can also enjoy a peaceful afternoon of snowshoeing in the area. There are plenty of places to go, including The Finger Lakes Trail and The Finger Lakes National Forest.
- Enjoy some laughs and old-fashioned fun together at the Rice Hill sledding area. There are also two ice skating ponds and a warming hut with a wood stove.
Are you ready to experience one of the most romantic getaways in NY? We’d love to welcome you to our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast this winter! Book your room today.