What might surprise you is that winter is actually a fantastic time to visit the local Finger Lakes wineries for wine tasting and tours. In the off-season, you’ll encounter fewer people, giving the winemakers and winery employees even more time to interact with each guest.
This popular wine region is the biggest producer of wine in New York State, and you’ll find more than 120 wineries growing well-known varietals, as well as unique cold-weather varieties that are lesser known in the wine community. While Riesling and Gewurztraminer are the best sellers in the area, these Finger Lakes wineries also produce some fantastic reds, from Pinot Noir to Merlot.
There are so many Finger Lakes wineries to explore in this region that it’s really best to carve out a good chunk of time to enjoy yourself. Our Upstate NY Bed and Breakfast is in the perfect location and will set a luxurious tone for your wine tasting getaway. The high-end amenities at the Inn at Gothic Eves are extensive—including a healthful and bountiful breakfast each morning, beautiful en suite baths, and cozy guest rooms arranged specifically for relaxing and unwinding.
Winter Wine Tasting at the Nearby Finger Lakes Wineries
After you’ve settled into our Upstate NY Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be ready to set out and taste some amazing wines at the nearby Finger Lakes wineries. Take in the stunning lakeside scenery as you go along, and be sure to grab a few bottles to stock up your cellar.
Here is a handful of fantastic Finger Lakes wineries to visit near our B&B:
- Six Mile Creek Vineyard: This award-winning, family-owned winery in the Finger Lakes is just outside Ithaca, NY. Enjoy your flight in the converted 19th Century Dutch Colonial barn, open only on the weekends during the winter. As a guest at our Upstate NY Bed and Breakfast, you’ll receive two-for-one tastings. Ask for more details at check-in!
- Fox Run Winery: A favorite spot on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, this is one of the Finger Lakes wineries offering tours and tastings, and fantastic lunch options at the on-site cafe. Take a moment to absorb the stunning views from every inch of their property.
- Sheldrake Point Winery: Located only 15 minutes from our Inn on Cayuga Lake, this stop is a must along your wine tasting journey if you’re a sparkling wine fan. They’re also well known for their Dry Rose.
- Americana Vineyards Winery: As a founding member of the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, this winery has been in operation for more than 25 years in the Finger Lakes region. Be sure to try the Chardonnay and Lemberger, both dry and flavorful and just the beginning of the portfolio.
- Red Newt Cellars: Wine Enthusiast awarded the 2016 Riesling from the Knoll Lahoma Vineyard 93 points, calling it “rich and broad yet textural and succulent in feel.” You’ll find many vintages and varietals to check out at this winery in Hector, NY. They offer stand-up or seated wine tastings and light fare to pair. Red Newt is open daily from 11 to 5 pm.
Elegant Lodging in the Finger Lakes Region
After a day exploring the lovely Finger Lakes wineries nearby, you’ll adore retreating back to our Upstate New York Bed and Breakfast. There are six luxurious guest suites in the Main House of the inn and two additional suites in the adjacent Potter House. We focus on providing the most comfortable furnishings in every room, including pillow-top beds dressed with fine linens and cozy seating areas. All rooms are climate controlled with air conditioning, plus ceiling fans and ample windows with room-darkening curtains. We provide Wi-Fi throughout and many more modern and luxurious amenities to experience during your stay.