Summer is one of the best times to plan your getaways in Upstate New York! The weather is perfect; there’s plenty to explore, wine to taste, fantastic produce and farm products abound, and so much more. For those looking to unwind and refresh with a few days away from the stresses of city life, a road trip to the Finger Lakes region is just what the doctor ordered. You can spend your days chasing waterfalls, hiking the beautiful state parks, visiting the vineyards on the lakes, and dining out at award-winning restaurants.
The best getaways in Upstate New York begin at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast: the luxurious Inn at Gothic Eves. Located in the charming small town of Trumansburg, NY, you’ll love the slower pace and beautiful surroundings of our intimate Inn. You can spend your days exploring the grand adventures nearby and your evenings curled up in your cozy guest room or out by our firepit for s’mores and stargazing. When you stay small, you’ll experience the beauty of a hosted experience, and our Innkeeper is a pro when it comes to hospitality.
Our Inn encompasses eight luxuriously-appointed guest rooms with special architectural touches like cathedral ceilings and custom features. Each is equipped with comfortable beds dressed in high-thread count linens, flat-screen televisions, and spacious spa-like en suite bathrooms. And a lovely breakfast is included each morning with your stay. There’s no better place to make your home away from home on your getaways in Upstate New York. Check out our upcoming summer availability and reserve your room today!
The Best Things to do on Getaways in Upstate New York
As a guest at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location for getaways in Upstate New York. You’ll find multiple wilderness areas for hiking, picnics, and strolling along the lakes. A long list of world-class wineries, restaurants, and other major attractions is just a quick drive. We’ll treat you to a wholesome breakfast before you head out on your adventures.
Here are ten of our favorite things to do on getaways in Upstate New York in the Finger Lakes Region:
- Hiking at Taughannock Falls State Park: One of the most stunning waterfalls is just about five minutes from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. The crowning jewel of this nearby state park in Taughannock Falls is a striking 215-foot-tall beauty cascading down 400-foot steely limestone cliffs.
- Wine Tasting the Finger Lakes Region: As one of the fastest-growing wine regions in the country, the winemakers in the Finger Lakes AVA are producing some of the finest wines in New York State. You’ll love tasting your way through this area, from vineyard tours and tastings to guided wine tours by boat. A few of our favorites to add to your getaways in Upstate New York are Six Mile Creek Vineyard, Sheldrake Point Winery, and Americana Vineyards.
- Tour the Finger Lakes Cheese Trail: You’d be hard-pressed to find a better pairing than wine and cheese! Our area is home to local dairy farms producing some of the state’s best goat, sheep, and cow’s milk cheeses. For a list of farms to check out, read our blog here.
- Farm-to-Table Dining at Hazelnut Kitchen: While there’s a long list of excellent Finger Lakes restaurants, one of our favorites and critically acclaimed eateries is right here in Trumansburg. The Hazelnut Kitchen offers farm-fresh meals where creativity meets traditional culinary skills.
- Waterfall Tours at Watkins Glen State Park: Always ranked as one of the top three State Parks in the US, you’ll find 19 spectacular waterfalls, each located along its scenic and walkable Gorge Trail with stone steps and bridges—it’s a natural treasure not to be missed on getaways in Upstate New York!
- Trumansburg Farmers Market: If you happen to be visiting mid-week, you’ll want to visit the Trumansburg Farmers Market for local goods, live music, and fantastic prepared food options. We frequent the market for fresh produce for our daily breakfast service at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast.
- Day Trip to Ithaca: The fun and bustling city of Ithaca, NY, is just about 20 minutes from our B&B, where you’ll find excellent shopping, dining, and entertainment. Tour the historic Cornell Campus, the Botanic Gardens, and so much more during your getaways in Upstate New York.
- Finger Lakes GrassRoots Festival: This annual music festival takes Trumansburg by storm each July! It’s such a lovely event with dancing, live performances from more than 80 bands, and local vendors.
- Head to the Finger Lakes Cider House: One of our favorite stops to add to getaways in Upstate New York is this beautiful farm, orchard, and cidery for flights, farm-fresh meals, and fantastic views of the lake.
- Head to the Spa at Gothic Eves: Booking a treatment or massage at our on-site spa is one of the best additions to your time at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Our professional and kind therapists are experts at relaxation.
Luxury Lodging at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast
After a full day of exploring the area, our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast will await your return! One of our favorite lodging options is The Cayuga Suite (pictured above). It’s one of only two grande suites at The Inn that are located above The Spa at Gothic Eves. The suite contains a separate bedroom with a queen-size bed, a sitting room, and a custom-tiled bathroom. This is a perfect suite for guests looking for spa getaways in Upstate New York. You can lounge in your suite until you’re ready to head down to your couples massage or sauna session.
Each morning, breakfast will be one of your favorite times of the day! You’ll wake refreshed to the delicate aromas of fresh baked goods and hot coffee from the kitchen below. Our gourmet farm-to-table breakfast service is the ultimate way to start your day off right. Guests of our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast are treated to homemade dishes made with love and hyper-seasonal ingredients—many from the local Trumansburg Farmer’s Market or our very own garden whenever possible.
During the summer months, our garden grounds come to life! You’ll love relaxing in the hammock, doing yoga on the rolling lawns, or finding a shady spot to catch up on your favorite book. From the moment you step foot on our property, you’ll see why we’re one of the top-rated Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfasts for getaways in Upstate New York. Join us to find out for yourself! Book your room today.