While we’re still enjoying these beautiful summer days, autumn is just around the corner, which means the stunning Finger Lakes fall foliage will be yet again canvassing our landscape before we know it. The Finger Lakes area in Upstate New York is a picturesque destination year-round, however, it’s especially magical during the peak of fall. This season is a popular time for visitors to explore the region, as it boasts some of the finest fall foliage in the country, along with the abundant harvest season at the wineries and farms.
There’s a long list of festivals and celebrations held throughout the Finger Lakes Region, and there are many magnificent spots to admire the autumn leaves. Our impressive collection of state parks and national forests gives those who love outdoor recreation many choices. All of the best things to do in this area are made better with the Finger Lakes fall foliage putting on a show. Spend the day wine tasting at our local Finger Lakes wineries with breathtaking views of the water surrounded by sweeping vineyards and autumnal hues.
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is the ideal destination for your next fall getaway! Tucked away in the charming village of Trumansburg, about 20 minutes from downtown Ithaca, you’ll be set back from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our intimate guest rooms are tailored for couples looking to relax together with an on-site spa, hot tubs, saunas, and workshops available in the healing arts. You’ll be treated to a wholesome and organic breakfast each morning of your stay to set you off on the right foot. Head out to explore all the beautiful Finger Lakes fall foliage and we’ll be awaiting your return at the inn. Book your lodging today!
The Most Stunning Finger Lakes Fall Foliage
You don’t have to travel far if you want to experience leaf-peeping in the Finger Lakes. The beautiful colors of Autumn can be found everywhere you look. However, if you want to capture some of the most picturesque views, we have compiled a list of our top destinations.
- Taughannock Falls State Park: One of the most beautiful state parks in this area is just minutes from our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. The stunning waterfall is the crown jewel of the park, standing 215 feet between sheer limestone bluffs and always even more breathtaking when framed by the gorgeous Finger Lakes fall foliage.
- Finger Lake Wineries on Cayuga Lake Wine Trail: As you explore our wonderful wineries nestled on the shores of the Finger Lakes, there’s no better view than with a glass of wine in hand. Look out at the hills surrounding the lakes, awash in golden hues, and sip on unique varietals that grow well in this region.
- Finger Lakes National Forest: Hiking on the 30 miles of interconnected trails as the leaves change from greens to golds is a perfect afternoon. This protected forest is bustling with wildlife and birds, so keep your eyes peeled for sightings!
- Watkins Glen State Park: Home to 19 waterfalls of all shapes and sizes, this state park offers visitors a place to immerse themselves in the Finger Lakes fall foliage. The gorge trail weaves through rocky openings with stone staircases and hardwood trees showing off their colors.
- Robert Treman State Park: From stunning waterfalls and rocky gorges to well-known landmarks and beautiful hiking trails, Robert Treman State Park is a lovely place to head outdoors—even more so in Autumn when the leaves change.
- Cornell Botanic Gardens in Ithaca, NY: There are a lot of spectacular hikes in Ithaca that are especially beautiful in the fall. Cornell University offers guests curated trails through the Botanic Gardens and the surrounding nature preserves.
- Letchworth State Park: This state park is often called the Grand Canyon of the East and has three major waterfalls. One of the best ways to view the fall colors is from your car as you drive the winding path through this spectacular park.
- Along the Journey: Depending on where you’re coming from, you’re bound to take in some classic Finger Lakes fall foliage on the way in. There are a few scenic drives in the area, including Route 14a between Seneca and Keuka Lakes, Route 414 from Watkins Glen to 96A towards Geneva, or, if you’re up for heading a little further afield, Route 21S from Canandaigua down to Naples.
The Best Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast for Fall Getaways
Each year, we look forward to the changing of the leaves, and the Finger Lakes fall foliage is some of the most impressive in the state. When choosing your lodging, you’ll want to stay somewhere quiet and peaceful to fully unwind, and our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast checks off all the boxes. Elegant appointments, spacious rooms, garden grounds, and helpful staff members. Everything you need for a restful getaway.
Our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast has always been a popular destination for guests seeking a wellness-focused getaway. Immersing yourself in the Finger Lakes fall foliage is good for your soul too! At our Inn, you’ll love our elegant guest rooms, each tastefully decorated with high-end, custom furnishings, comfortable beds, and en suite bathrooms with spa-quality touches. Throughout your stay, you’ll have access to wifi, hi-definition TVs, and speakers for your electronic devices, allowing you to relax and focus on yourself.
A healthy breakfast is essential for a great start to your day, and we take this to heart. Our fresh morning entrees, baked goods, and fresh fruit are perfect for fueling your day. We source many of our ingredients from local farms and even from our own vegetable and herb garden whenever possible, ensuring that every dish is as fresh as possible. Our friendly staff is always happy to accommodate special dietary requests, so just let us know at check-in. It’s not too soon to start planning your fall getaways! Reserve your room today.